We are sorry to say we don't have Davenport in-stock right now! However we have plenty of pre-order slots available for the entire Roundhouse range: contact us today to find out the latest availability and estimated arrival dates of the next batch of this model!
The Davenport Locomotive Works started producing these, 0-4-0 saddle tank locos in the early 1900s for industrial uses. While the majority of these engines were built for American clients they found their way all over the globe to places such as: Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Cuba and Europe.
Because dozens of these locos were produced for a variety of purposes, Roundhouse have designed this loco to be our interpretation of prototypical examples.
This locomotive is part of the Roundhouse Classic range and is available for either manual or radio control. This model has adjustable wheels for 32 or 45mm.
Please note - You will only be charged £50 deposit at this stage. After this is paid, if your order is a pre-order we will be in contact to confirm your deposit and your desired specifications, and then further contact you in relation to the payment of the balance around 2 weeks before delivery. If you are ordering an in-stock model, we will contact you immediately regarding balance payment and shipping. Please ensure a telephone number is provided for us to contact you.
Davenport is available in any Roundhouse colour, and with a choice of black or silver smokebox and black or red-oxide roof. Colours may vary on the model to those in the picture.
Technical specifications for ‘Davenport’.
- Internal gas firing using the Roundhouse ‘FG’ type burner.
- Outside framed 0-4-0 chassis with Roundhouse Internal Walschaerts valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 310mm over buffers, Width 115mm, Height 165mm, Weight 3.4 Kg.
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- Gauge adjustable between 32mm and 45mm
- Optional insulated wheels available
- Available with a choice of matt black or silver smokebox, matt black or red oxide roof and the bodywork in any of the standard Roundhouse colours.
How much will it cost to send?
Here at Derails we have pretty simple postage policy! If your order is over £20, you are eligible for FREE UK Economy shipping. If your order is under £20, you are eligible for our super-cheap £2.99 economy shipping!
If you are pre-ordering an item that uses our deposit service (the £5 or £10 deposits in particular), as these amounts are under £20 our website will charge postage for them. Don't worry, any econmoy shipping charges will be automatically deducted from your balance payment if the final pre-order item total (deposit + balance) is over £20.
Want it there quickly?
At the checkout, choose one of our express next-working day shipping options! These services are available for just a small surcharge. The upgraded postage options also jump the despatch queue too, so they are shipped at the earliest possible opportunity.
I live outside of the UK, can you send to me?
Sorry, we do not ship overseas at this time.
Roundhouse Live Steam Locomotive "Davenport" 0-4-0T - £1780 Manual / £2025 Radio Control with free P&P
- Brand: Roundhouse Engineering
- Product Code: Davenport
- Availability: Pre-order, due December 2022