Darjeeling NDM-6 is in-stock for immediate despatch! Deep Brunswick Green with Sound now available at £1560!
If the in-stock colour choice doesn't take your fancy, that's not a problem! We have plenty of pre-order slots available for the entire Roundhouse range: contact us today to find out the latest availability and estimated arrival dates of the next batch of this model!
The NDM-6 locomotive was built by Suri and Nayar (SAN) Engineering & Locomotive Company, Bangalore. This locomotive is currently operated by the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. The loco is a 2-axle, air-braked unit, weighs in at around 17.5 tonnes and is powered by a Kirloskar-Cummins engine with 335 hp continuous output.
Please note - You will only be charged £50 deposit at this stage. After this is paid, if your order is a pre-order we will be in contact to confirm your deposit and your desired specifications, and then further contact you in relation to the payment of the balance around 2 weeks before delivery. If you are ordering an in-stock model, we will contact you immediately regarding balance payment and shipping. Please ensure a telephone number is provided for us to contact you.
Technical specifications for the Darjeeling NDM-6
- Weight 3.5kg.
- Long running time.
- 0-4-0 outside framed steel chassis.
- Dimensions: Length 309mm (over Coupling), Width 110mm, Height 145mm.
- Fitted with a two high-powered motor and precision made steel helical gear set.
- Front and rear working directional headlamps.
- Full radio control - Stop, Start and Speed in both directions using our powerful and highly reliable Roundhouse 'LocoGlyde' Electronic Speed Controller (ESC).
- Powered by 10 AA NiMh rechargeable batteries for excellent running time complete with fast charger for in-situ charging.
- Gauge adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Insulated wheels fitted as standard.
- Fully glazed windows and removable roof to access interior.
- Available with optional sound system featuring engine sound and horn (extra cost)
- Available in any standard Roundhouse colour.
How much will it cost to send?
Here at Derails we have pretty simple postage policy! If your order is over £20, you are eligible for FREE UK Economy shipping. If your order is under £20, you are eligible for our super-cheap £2.99 economy shipping!
If you are pre-ordering an item that uses our deposit service (the £5 or £10 deposits in particular), as these amounts are under £20 our website will charge postage for them. Don't worry, any econmoy shipping charges will be automatically deducted from your balance payment if the final pre-order item total (deposit + balance) is over £20.
Want it there quickly?
At the checkout, choose one of our express next-working day shipping options! These services are available for just a small surcharge. The upgraded postage options also jump the despatch queue too, so they are shipped at the earliest possible opportunity.
I live outside of the UK, can you send to me?
Sorry, we do not ship overseas at this time.
Roundhouse Electric Locomotive "Darjeeling NDM-6" - £1445 without sound / £1560 sound fitted with free P&P
- Brand: Roundhouse Engineering
- Product Code: NDM-6
- Availability: 1 in-stock